Bryan Wiyang Teoh is a Malaysian golfer who is based in the United States where is currently studying at UCLA. He first took the limelight back in 2008 when he won the Under-8 category in 2 tourneys at the tender age of 8. He was recently selected into the National Team Players 2020/2021 (Overseas Based) by the Malaysian Golf Association.
Starting at a young age
Bryan had started competing in the Malaysian Junior Circuit since he was 7 and has since grown to become one of the rising stars. Bryan was in Year Two and was studying at the SJK (C) Jit Sin B in Bukit Mertajam when he won the first 2 legs which were then hosted at the Royal Johor Country Club and the Kelab di-Raja Sri Menanti in Negri Sembilan. Where he scored a remarkable 42 over the 9-holes against 14 other players.
Remarkable achievements in the circuit
Bryan came under the coaching of Paul Sellers in the later years. He went on to attend the Jupiter Christian School where he had then won the 2016 District title and finished fourth overall in the state that year. Besides that, he was also the former MVP of the school in 2015 and 2016.
Tournaments and Events
Starting out at a very young age has provided Bryan with a lot of experience as a golfer. He has since participated in numerous tournaments that include:
- Finished T-6 at the 2019 Ka’anapali Classic Collegiate Invitational
- Finished T-12 at the 2019 Marquette Intercollegiate at Erin Hills
- Finished T-12 at the 2019 Golf Club of Georgia Collegiate Invitational
- Finished T021 at the 2020 Bandon Dunes Championship
- Finished T-26 at the 2020 Southern Highlands Collegiate
- Finished T-33 at the 2021 – Southwestern Invitational
- Finished T-34 at the 2020 – The Prestige Presented by Charles Schwab
- Finished T-33 at the 2019 SCGA Amateur Championship