Loy Hee Ying is among the rising stars of Malaysian golf. She was the first Malaysian to ever play at the Augusta National Golf Club, reputed to be the most prestigious golf course in the world. It is the golf course where the US Masters was previously held and won by big names like Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tiger Woods.
Recognized and selected for bigger things
Prior to that achievement, Hee Wing was in 2015 named as the project squad for the 2017 Kuala Lumpur South East Asian (SEA) Games by the MGA (Malaysian Golf Association) with NSC (National Sports Council). She was selected based on her performance between May and October 2015 where she exceled in both the local and regional events and to be trained for the 2017 sports event. Since then, she has been involved in many other tournaments, coming away with several top finishes.
Tournaments and achievements
Among those that she has participated in include:
- 2019 NCAA East Lansing Regional</li.
- 2019 SoCon Championship – Finished 2nd
- Brickyard Collegiate – Finished 7th
- 2019 Valspar Augusta Invitational – Finished 31st
- Cardinal Cup – Finished 4th
- 2018 RSGC Ladies Amateur Open Championship – Finished 2nd
- 2018 Malaysian Ladies Amateur Open – Finished 11th