Between 2018 and 2019, Malaysian golfer Ervin Chang has had some very amazing achievements in the regional golfing circuit.
Started winning from a young age
The graduate from R.E.A.L. International School in Selangor was part of the team that won the Selangor State Schools Golf Championship U-15 Boys title and he continued his march during his junior season when he helped the school take the Selangor State Schools Golf Championship U-18 Boys title.
From junior category and on to the seniors
Ervin, will then continue to win the Under-18 category at the 2015 World Stars of Junior Golf Tournament as well as the 2014 Malaysian Amateur Close. In 2019, he was selected to be part of the Malaysian team for the SEA Games. Meanwhile, 2018 saw Ervin equalling the best-ever finish by a Malaysian at the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship in Singapore. It is worth noting that Ervin came through the ranks as a student at Liberty University.
Tournaments and achivements
Among the tournaments he played in include:
- 2019 SEA Games – Finished 4th
- 2019 Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic – Finished 53rd
- 2019 Royal Oaks Intercollegiate – Finished 10th
- 2019 Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship – Finished 28th
- 2019 Rod Myers Invitational – Finished 5th
- 2019 North and South Amateur Championship – Finished 17
- 2019 NCAA Athens Regional – Finished 10th
- 2019 General Hackler Championship – Finished 3rd
- 2018 SMBC Singapore Open – Finished 4th
- 2018 PGM Northport Championship – Finished 4th
- 2018 Kuala Lumpur Amateur Open – Finished 1st
- Sea Best Invitational – Finished 1st