His full name is Gavin Kyle Green but he goes with Gavin Green. This 6 foot, the young man is one of the most distinguished Malaysian golfers today.
Background of Gavin
Born in 1993, Gavin is quite tall for a Malaysian where he stands at 6 ft 1. He had his education at the College University of New Mexico where he currently plays professional golf in the European Tour and Asian Tour. Gavin turned professional in 2015 at a young age of 22. Since then, he has recorded 5 professional wins which came through 1 from the Asian Tour and 3 others.
Achievements by Gavin
Having played college golf when he was studying, Gavin was very much an emerging golfer when he won 8 times while taking home the golfer of the year a few times in the All-American and Mountain West Conference golfer of the year. Among his achievements include winning the Asian Development Tour 3 times (2014 and twice in 2016). He would then finish in 47 which brought him to the 2016 Summer Olympics.
In 2017, he started playing in the Asian Tour where he led the Order of Merit that year. In the same year, he would win the Mercuries Taiwan Masters while finishing second at the Shinhan Donghae Open, the Hero Indian Open and at the Yeangder Heritage. Other wins that he won previously include:
- Perlis Amateur in 2009
- The 2009 Malaysian Amateur Closed
- The 2009 Malaysian Junior Open
- The 2010 Malaysian Amateur Closed and the Sabah International Junior Masters
- The 2011 Malaysian Amateur Closed and the Kuala Lumpur Amateur
- The 2013 Western Refining College All-American
- The 2014 UTSA Lone Star Invitational and the Western Refining College All-American
- The 2014 PGM Vascory Templer Park Championship in the amateur category
- The 2016 PGM Northport Glenmarie Championship