Scott Hend is an Australian professional golfer who is currently based in Florida, in the US. His full name is Scott Robert Hend where currently tours at the PGA Tour of Australasia, the Asian Tour and the European Tour.
Background of Scott Hend
Scott turned professional in 1997 where has raked in an impressive number of records in his career. Prior to his current engagements, Scott has been touring in the Canadian Tour. Over the years, he has had about 15 professional wins where 3 came from the European Tour, 10 from the Asian Tour and 5 others.
Born in 1973, Scott Hend has a reputation for being a long hitter. He joined the PGA Tour of Australasia after turning professional in 1997. Since then, Hend has been playing in most of the major golf tours across the world. Over the years, he has since:
- Became the inaugural winner at the 2003 Von Nida Tour Order of Merit
- Won the 2002 Victoria Open
- Played at the 2004 and 2005 PGA tours
- Became the first foreign player to win the ‘Long Drive’ label in the PGA Tour
- Played in the Asian Tour since 2007
- Won the 2008 Indonesia President Invitational
- Finished fourth in 2007 and 2009’s Order of Merit
- Took the Rookie of the Year award in 2007
- Won the Queen’s Cup in 2016 in Thailand
- Won the European Tour Title at the Maybank Championship 2019 (his third)