Jeneath Wong is a Malaysian amateur golfer. The Melbourne-based player goes to the St Catherines School there.
Charting her name in Australia for Malaysia golf
Jeneath is considered as one of the rising stars in this sport particularly for her home country Malaysia. She has so far mostly been playing in the Australian circuit including finishing third in the Greg Norman Junior Masters in May 2018. In 2021, at the age of 16, Jeaneath won the Australian Junior Amateur Championship which was held at the Gold Creek Country Club, Canberra where she beat South Australia’s Amelia Whinney for the trophy. This gave her the ticket to play at the 2022 Women’s Australia Open.
Tournaments and achievements
A lot of positive reviews have poured in for the Junior Ladies golfers after some remarkable runs in various tournaments. Among them include:
- 2019 Vietnam Ladies Amateur Championship – Finished 5th
- 2019 Port Phillip Open Amateur – Finished 8th
- Victorian Junior Open – Finished 2nd
- 2019 Duke Of York Young Champions Trophy – Finished 8th
- 2019 Australian Girls’ Amateur – Finished 16th
- 2019 Rene Erichsen Salver – Finished 9th
- 2019 Riversdale Cup – Finished 17th