The participants of the recently concluded Srixon Malaysian Junior Development tour Series 2022 had a pleasant surprise.
For the second leg of the four-tournament event, the Raja Di-Hilir of Perak, Raja Iskandar Dzurkarnain Ibni Almarhum Sultan Idris Iskandar was present and gave out the prizes to the winners of the tournament.
A Prestigious Tournament for Junior Golfers
The Srixon Malaysian Junior Development Tour is one of the most exciting events aimed at the development of golfers from a young age.
The Srixon brand is synonymous with being luxurious and a top-quality golf brand. It has been and is still being used by professionals on the Tour.
Throughout the years, the Srixon Malaysian Junior Development Tour has grown to become the event that junior golfers look forward to with Golf Malaysia being the Tour Promoter of the series, providing coverage and reports.
With the Srixon Malaysian Junior Development Tour, junior golfers play in an Elite Tournament Experience that will set them up for more competitive tournaments both on the national and international platforms.
While the Srixon Malaysian Junior Development Tour serves as the platform for junior golfers to gain exposure, it also organizes professional golfing events so that participants can experience events of the highest standards.
Through this tournament, junior golfers achieve WAGR or World Amateur Golf Ranking points which will prepare and qualify them for more competitive tournaments.
Registration is up: NEW Junior Tour
SRIXON MALAYSIAN JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT TOUR ( 1ST LEG )
Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Golf and Country Club (SAASGCC) . SHAH ALAM
27 – 29 September 2022
SRIXON MALAYSIAN JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT TOUR ( 2ND LEG )
Royal Perak Golf Club (RPGC)
18 – 20 October 2022
SRIXON MALAYSIAN JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT TOUR ( 3RD LEG )
Palm Resort Golf and Country Club
29 November – 1 December 2022
SRIXON MALAYSIAN JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT TOUR ( 4TH LEG )
Glenmarie Golf and Country Club
Winners at the 2022 event
With the Raja Di-Hilir of Perak as patron, the second leg of the Srixon Malaysian Junior Development Tour was held with much prestige at the Royal Perak Golf Club.
Held between October 17 and 20 of 2022, His Royal Highness presented the prizes to the boys and girls who won in the 3 age groups.
- Muhammad Ajmal Amin Mohd Fajri, a handicap 3 player won the Boys A category (15 to 18 years old). He scored 227 beating Otso Ville Juvonen who finished at 229. Muhammad Ajmal was the runner-up during the first leg held at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Golf and Country Club.
- Sohniya Chandra Mohan meanwhile won the Girls A category, outscoring Kwak Minji. Sohniya scored 230 with a handicap of 5 while third place was won by Janice Kwan while Aarthi Ganesan and Nurfarah Fasha Mohamad Hasan finished fourth and fifth respectively.
- For the Boys B Category, Andrew Yap Yung Cheng won with a 228 score and handicap 6. This would be his second win after emerging champion in the first leg with a 237 score. As such, he gets his full Order of Merit.
- Finishing second in this category was Lim Hao Yu with a score of 232 with Evann Wong Tsen Sze as runners-up with 239 while Connor Axel Liew Kai and Muhammad Adlan Mohamad Nizan finished fourth and fifth respectively.
- Ngo Yi Belle meanwhile won the Girls B category scoring 229 followed by Nur Batrisyia Balqis Abdul Ghani with 241 and Siti Nur Husna Aina Abd Karim Nast coming in third with a 244 score. Nur Diana Syafiqah Abdullah and Nur Alisya Qistina Mohd Zainurin finished fourth and fifth in this category.
- Daichi Hayashi meanwhile took home the Boys C category with a score of 136 playing with a handicap of 10. This was his personal best. Maverick Chua finished second with Uwais Alqarni Shahmira finishing third.
- In the Girls C category, the champion was Wang En Xi who scored 155 with a handicap of 16, beating Jane Sim with 165 and Vikasni Laakshithaa Bala Subramaniam in third, Jamie Kwan Yu Xuan in fourth while fifth place went to Deepika Ganesan.