Ashley Lau is one of the emerging Malaysian female golfers who has been making waves in the circuit since the pandemic ended.
Coming from Bintulu, Sarawak, Ashley recently created headlines when in March 2022 secured her place at the prestigious Augusta National Women’s Amateur (ANWA) Championship in the United States.
Prior to that, she was co-medalist honors at the Tulane Classic back in February 2022 while finishing 7-under 203 over 3 rounds at the Gators Invitational and then went on to a T2 finish at the Briar’s Creek Invitational.
She was also named Big-10 Golfer of the Week then and in 2021 was ranked 54 in the collegiate tour. Among the international players, she was ranked 43rd.
Ashley had also recorded various top-five finishes where she took home 2 titles and a runner-up spot previously
Since the inception of the PING/ASU Invitational in 2019, Ashley is only the third Malaysian to qualify for the tournament together with Loy Hee Ying and Alyaa Abdulghany.
Among her other achievements include:
- Finishing 68th at the 2016 Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
- Finishing T6 at the 2017 Southeast Asian Games
- T5 at the 2016 Queen Sirikit Cup Asia-Pacific Amateur Ladies Golf Team Championship
- T6 at the Australian Girls’ Amateur Championship in 2016 and T12 in 2017
- T3 at the 2017 Queensland Girls’ Amateur Championship
- T4 at the 2021 Wolverine Invitational
- T10 at the PING/ASU Invitational